During this difficult time things can feel particularly stressful and it is becoming increasingly harder to stay calm. However it is important for your own mental health as well as your children’s to do this. Below are some suggestions of how to keep you and your children calm in this uncertain time:
- Know you are not alone. Although this is a particularly stressful time we are all in this together! We are here for you if you need any support. Please do not hesitate in contacting your child’s teacher if you have any questions or help with anything.
- Stick to a routine. Try to create a new normal routine in your house hold. There are lots of activities happening daily at the same time everyday. https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 and set up a daily Storytime with David Walliams https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses . Try to incorporate some of these into your day to create a regular routine.
- Do not put pressure on yourself. In regards to your child’s education you will be receiving lots of resources, activities and support through google classroom. However some days especially with the current climate your child may not be emotionally ready to learn. Go by your child and take a break if he/she or you needs to.
- Stay in contact with friends and family. Make sure you have emotional support through your family by talking, FaceTime or messaging.
- Try mindfulness. Using meditation has proven to be particularly helpful during stressful times. Have a look at the links below for meditation that you can do with your child/children.