Pupil Premium at Oldhill
At Oldhill, we believe that to be successful at school as well as in later life, you need more than just academic skills. You need qualities such as self-confidence, resilience, teamwork and communication…to name but a few. Therefore, we take a holistic approach to the use of pupil premium funds, using it not just to support children academically but to foster their social and emotional skills also. Every child from Reception onwards, who has either been in Local Authority Care, or has been entitled to Free School Meals at any time in the last 6 years, is eligible for Pupil Premium funding. This funding is given directly to schools to provide additional resources and support to ensure that all children reach their maximise their learning and school experience. We have 155 children eligible for funding and we use this funding for specialist intervention, in class Teacher Assistant support, external agency support, resources, training for staff as well as subsidies of music lessons, trips, after school clubs and breakfast club for pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium.
Aims and Principles
- We ensure that every child at Oldhill has equal access to all learning opportunities
- Teaching and learning meets the needs of all pupils
- Appropriate provision for all vulnerable pupils, this includes access to in-house specialist intervention and external professionals as required
- Pupil Premium interventions will be prioritised by the school and will be provided to support pupils to maximise their learning
- Pupil Premium Grant is used to part fund key interventions for vulnerable children and priority is given to children eligible for this grant
If you would like to know how we spend our pupil premium funds, please look at the document below which is reviewed annually. For the full document please download it here.