At the beginning of each year at Oldhill the children from Year 1 – Year 6 elect 2 councillers to represent their class at School Council.
The Council meets every week and discusses ideas and issues that matter to our children.
At School Council the children propose the agenda, share and listen to a range of ideas, consider, reflect and debate. They regularly recieve visits from Miss Benjamin, Curriculum Subject Leaders and Teachers. Recent School Councils have also welcomed parents, Police Officers, Diane Abbott MP, Local Councillors and School Governors to their meetings.
Some School Council achievements include:
– The purchase of the MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) in the playground.
– The planning of the ‘Share The Road’ community event, raising awareness of the many issues facing Oldhill Street.
– Representation at Hackney School’s Road Safety Conference.
– Lobbying for healthier lunches and a salad bar.
– Agreement for more Non-School Uniform days!
– The annual writing, filming and publishing of our Anti-bullying agenda and film.
Our School Councillors